Book Title: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Author: Linda Abraham
Going for an MBA? Show your management smarts by following this straight-talking advice that will direct you through the MBA admissions maze. Written by two leading experts in MBA admissions consulting, MBA Admissions for Smarties reveals vital, yet often-neglected steps that will save you from the needless disappointment of applying at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons, or to the wrong programs.
Part 1 of the book lays the foundation for a successful application by mapping out the key factors to consider before you actually apply. It guides you through clarifying your goals for an MBA – and why it’s essential that you do so. It shows you how to research MBA programs to see if you are a good fit, and then teaches you how to evaluate your qualifications for your target schools. This section concludes by preparing you to choose the right schools for you, taking into account your uniqueness as an individual with a unique learning style.
With that strong foundation the book then focuses on presentation – the nuts and bolts of the application process:
- Essential tips on writing with clarity, specifics and meaning.
- Key steps to maximizing the impact of specific essay types, such as those that ask about goals, leadership, overcoming failure, and personal influences.
- Secrets of crafting a strong MBA resume (it’s not a job resume) and gathering outstanding letters of recommendation that can tip the scales in your favor.
- Indispensable steps to prepare you to shine during your interviews.
- Finally, a special section with advice for special applicant groups: waitlisted, reapplicants, career changers, military, overrepresented groups and underrepresented minorities, as well as older applicants and younger applicants.
MBA Admissions for Smarties is chock-full of specific examples from winning essays, resumes and letters of recommendation, as well as advice from admissions committee directors and other industry experts. If you plan to apply to a top MBA program, this book will become your best friend.