Book Title: Elementary and Middle School Social Studies: An Interdisciplinary, Multicultural Approach, Seventh Edition
Publisher: Waveland Pr Inc
Author: Pamela J. Farris
The latest edition of Pamela Farris's popular, value-priced text continues to offer pre- and in-service teachers creative strategies and proven techniques sensitive to the needs of all elementary and middle school learners. Coverage includes the C3 Framework and the four sets of learning from the National Curriculum Standards for Social Studies. Farris, together with contributors who specialize in implementing successful teaching methods and theories, demonstrate how classroom teachers can excite and inspire their students to be engaged learners.
Valuable features for pre- and in-service teachers include:
• Discussions clarify how the C3 Framework preparation for college, career, and civic life can be incorporated into the elementary and middle school curriculum.
• C3 Framework lessons highlight the four dimensions of social studies to illustrate the integration of inquiry skills with literacy and language arts skills.
• NCSS (2010) Standards-Linked Lesson Plans provide a springboard for putting theory into practice.
• Multifaceted activities emphasize problem-solving and decision-making skills while developing social studies concepts and guiding students to become engaged citizens.
• Creative concepts for teaching diverse learners level the educational playing field for both students and teachers.
• Myriad ideas for incorporating technology are infused throughout the text.
• Annotated listings of social studies related trade books provide enriching resources for use both inside and outside the classroom.
Not-for-sale instructor resource material available to college and university faculty only; contact publisher directly.